How to Fast Track your Agent Orange Claim

AGENT ORANGE Fast Track Claims Processing System

With recent reports of VA Disability Claim backlogs approaching the 1 million mark, and an average 125 day wait, this is valuable information for Agent Orange exposed veterans filing claims for the first time.

The Agent Orange Fast Track Claims Processing System is a U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website that is dedicated to processing claims for Vietnam Veterans who are filing first-time service connection claims for any of the following conditions:

Exposed veterans can use the website to apply for disability benefits for these conditions if they served in the Republic of Vietnam or in-land waterways between January 9, 1962 and May 7, 1975.  Veterans who have previously applied for service connection for these conditions, or who wish to apply for service connection for any additional conditions,  should apply using the traditional claims process at the nearest VA Regional Office or visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website.

Agent Orange Fast Track has many features to expedite the claims process.

  • You can submit an application for benefits and evidence supporting your claim;
  • You can view your claim status;
  • You can view a list of evidence VA has received;
  • Your physician can submit evidence online; and can also send hardcopy evidence to the Fast Track Claims Processing System.

UPDATE: All veterans can now electronically file and submit copies of medical evidence in support of their claim. See the VA eBenefits for more information.

About these ads

5 responses to “How to Fast Track your Agent Orange Claim

  1. I know it’s pase right now, but it took me four (4) for the VA to approve my claim! they invalidated other know disabilities that occurred while on active duty! I guess they [then] were compensating for such a high backlog, which was at 140,000 unprocessed claims! I find that disheartening for the veterans currently coming back from Afghanistan and iraq! Very disenfranchising!

  2. We know how to send our young men and women off to war but do we really have the means and will to look after they come back? It doesn’t look that way. Capt. J.W, Lambert USMC

  3. Pingback: Diseases Associated with Agent Orange and Known Exposure Locations | vfwlady

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s