VFW National Commander John E. Hamilton voices his concerns about the possible sequestration in a new video sent to all members and supporters. Watch the video here…
Write your message online by May 18th and the VFW will print and deliver it at no cost to you. What an awesome thing to do during Military Appreciation Month for a hospitalized veteran this Memorial Day!
by May 18, 2012—
When you do, we’ll print a real card with your name on it to be placed in the hands of a hospitalized veteran who needs to know that their sacrifice has not been forgotten.
Signing the card shows you honor the fallen … stand strong for the wounded … and carry those still fighting in your heart and in your prayers.
You can help VFW reach even more lonely veterans in 3 easy steps:
and we’ll print it and deliver it to a hospitalized veteran.
|Invite your email contacts!
Forward this to your friends, family and co-workers.
|Get your network involved—ask your Facebook friends to sign a card, too|
The Cobo Center in the heart of Detroit will host the National Veteran Small Business Conference and Expo June 26-29, 2012. Its elegant banquet rooms and over 70 meeting rooms totaling 178,446 square feet equip Cobo Center to accommodate capacities from up to 10,000.
Join nearly 6,000 participants in Detroit for the opportunity to:
- Connect with procurement decision makers from other businesses and federal agencies
- Expand knowledge through over 200 training and business requirement sessions
- Engage with other attendees and gain visibility in the Expo Hall of nearly 500 booths
- Use VetGovPartner to facilitate online and onsite networking including face-to-face sessions with senior procurement decision makers.
- Detroit hiring fair to help vets (toledoblade.com)
- Detroit to Host Veterans’ Assistance Events (defense.gov)
- Detroit Veteran Hiring Fair Employers Have Need for IT Specialists and Engineers Nationwide (veteransnewsnow.com)
Maketheconnection.net connects Veterans and their friends and family members with information, resources, and solutions to issues affecting their health, well-being, and everyday lives.
Visit Maketheconnection.net to hear inspiring stories of strength. Learn what has worked for other Veterans, and discover positive steps that you can take after military service—all in the words of Veterans just like you.
View in-depth stories and testimonials of strength and connection as real Veterans recount their paths from joining the military to facing adversity, reaching out, and moving toward resilience and recovery.
Connect and discuss topics like anger and irritability, alcohol abuse, drug problems, flashbacks, headaches, nightmares, guilt, gambling, PTSD, Military Sexual Trauma, chronic pain, confusion, feeling on edge, and feelings of hopelessness…..
Explore life events or experiences that you can relate to and get information, stories, and resources for support.